The BubblefrogBlog

Halb Englisch, half German - We're working on it. *g*

Friday, June 02, 2006

Kind and Generous

That's what Natalie Merchant sang about... Comes in many guises.

Time – ‘just call me when you’ve got news, no matter what time it is’
A skirt or a pair of boots or a shirt – ‘don’t fit me, have them’
A mobile – ‘I’ll get a new one with the new contract anyway’
Theatre – ‘got a spare ticket… want to join in?’
Sympathy – ‘you know, I sort of had 5 grandparents'
Dinner – ‘just come along, I always cook for a battalion’
A night out – ‘och, come on, it’s my pleasure, choose whatever you like from the menu’
Advice – ‘did they present you with the solution on a silver tray?’
Gratitude – ‘the Duplo fairy is back from holiday’
Humour – ‘I’m appealing [to this] – yes, you are appealing’
A lift – ‘no, it’s no detour; I really need milk in the middle of the night’
Old virtues – ‘carrying your bag to the station at 5.30am on a Saturday is fine, I don’t mind, a taxi would cost 4 quid’
A place to stay for the night – ‘if you don’t mind sleeping on the floor (on blankets, duvets, and with everything being taken care of), you’re more than welcome’
Books – ‘och, I’ll zip ‘em and you’ll have them in no time’ (woman, it took ages to transfer them!)
A Cafetière – ‘would only collect dust in my cupboard, and… didn’t know if you have proper coffee over there, so I enclosed some. And sugar, milk, and biscuits, just in case’
Support – always, forever, under all circumstances; morally, financially, tons of chocolate
A bottle of whisky – ‘because I don’t drink it anyway’
Dinner again – ‘any plans for tonight? We thought of going out for dinner, wanna join in?’
BigMac prices – ‘yeah, I just called the branch to find out – why?’
Pride – ‘I think she did… really well’
IT support – ‘I consulted my 700-page manual and I think it’s this… no, it’s only 11.50pm, why?’
Communication – ‘why, you said you can’t use ICQ any longer, so I got an account’
Travelling – ‘I’ve booked the flight’
Mallorca – ‘3 raciones de Jamón Serrano, 4 cañas, una copa de rosado, y un agua sin gas, gracias’
Promptness – ‘the parcel has just arrived; you can pick it up from the office’Pride – ‘I think she did… really well'

Life's good, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home