The BubblefrogBlog

Halb Englisch, half German - We're working on it. *g*

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Say my Name

.... sang the now thankfully split-up Destiny's Child, and I am not going to write about my name, but my hometown's

Right. As some of you will know, one of my favourite hobbies is harassing poor Euan Notman on TayFM late at night... ANd of course I take part in competitions, one of which is "Battle of the Cities Forward Slash Towns".
And naturally, I don't fight for Dundee's honour, but for that of my hometown, Niebüll (sorry, they either don't have an English site or I need new contact lenses).
And yes, I'm bright and quick, so I got us points, a fact that landed Niebüll in the Leage Table - well, sort of kind of...



Almost. Given that Euan and I had only spoken on the phone, and I tend to pronounce the otherwise unpronouncable in a rather English way (nee- bul), fair enough.

But I wrote him an email, with pictures, maps, and all, to show him where the weirdo that calls him 3x a week comes from. Last night, I texted in the answer (which was mean, I know), and he announced me as
"Cornelia getting the right answer, but I'm not sure anymore how to pronounce her town..."

Sweet, and thanks for that. I've told him by now, just to let you know that I'm not rotten to the core...

And it has been fixed:


Am I a celebrity...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home