The BubblefrogBlog

Halb Englisch, half German - We're working on it. *g*

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Calendar Clashes (2)

I admit to a lack of willpower and confess that I am still reading the Times. Yesterday, I came across this ad from Sainsbury's offering bouquets for Mother's Day.
Guess what: Buy 2 and save £1.50!!!

Wow, great. Now, I know some people who have kind of two mothers, owing to separation and remarriage of parents, but still I ask myself, WHY?!?!

How do we measure love? Does giving two bouquets mean that you love her more than when it's only one? Does the number of individual flowers in each bouquet count?
Or does giving two bouquets mean that your love is cheap? Because you're looking at the price?

Either way, the only good thing about giving two bouquets - not only to my mum, but to most women I know - is that it would keep both of their hands busy and thus prevent them from lashing out at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home