The BubblefrogBlog

Halb Englisch, half German - We're working on it. *g*

Monday, April 03, 2006

Holidays - a recipe

I'm knackered. I really think I worked too hard... well, no, I don't, but it seems it doesn't matter what I think. We handed in the Transfer Proposal on Friday, and Saturday I was short of collapsing. Again, not quite true, I felt... funny. A bit empty, a bit I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-myself. To get out of the way of myself, I decided to take a holiday.
Of course I can't, as I'm fairly skint, but here's my recipe:
  1. Have a 4-hour hike in the morning - wherever you want to go, just keep walking.
  2. Sit in the city square for an hour, enjoy the sun until you're frozen.
  3. Buy a magazine you love to read but usually don't buy - in my case the Scientific American qualified.
  4. Find yourself a really nice bar/ pub/ restaurant. (Tip: the sun shines beautifully through the roof windows in The Tasting Rooms, and on Saturday there's a pianist...)
  5. Treat yourself to something you really like there - good wine, good food, and read your magazine. Stay for at least two hours.
  6. Then go to a different place, possibly a bit more lively (DCA), and do the same again.
  7. Then take a detour on your way home and watch the sun set.

Worked for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home