The BubblefrogBlog

Halb Englisch, half German - We're working on it. *g*

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Emancipation - threat to humanity

Good evening.

I have been asked to detail the theory that almost earned me the title "most anti-feminist user" in that forum. Basically, it's easy. I'll give you a few facts - three, to be precise - without a comment, and you try to read my evil thoughts...

For my PhD I have measured the innovative performance of some countries across different field of activities - to be honest, I'm still doing that, but things tend to get in the way. Anyway, I'm not going to go in too much detail, rest assured I know what I'm doing - I think.
The indicator for innovative performance comes as a ratio and hovers around 1 if the country in question acts "normally" in that field. If it excels, its index for that field will exceed 1, if its people is a bit daft, it'll score below 1.
It's actually a bit more complicated, but we'll leave it there.

Right then, I promised three facts. One is derived from my research, the other two have been documented and tested elsewhere.
  • In terms of innovative performance, the Nordic countries Sweden, Finland, and Denmark score quite low (0.3 to 0.7) in the fields of Chemistry, Physics, and Electricity. (Finland as an exception is quite good at Electricity - that includes telecommunication and they have Nokia)
  • It has been proven that statistically (we're talking means here, I've heard of Marie Curie!!!) that men do better at natural sciences than women do. That has something to do with exposure to certain hormones during pregnancy.
  • Finland, Sweden and Denmark rank among the countries with the highest degree of gender equality.

And now, with a very broad grin, I leave it to you to draw the conclusions. *ggg*

Tomorrow I will provide a summary of points that we came up with in several discussions.

(Apart from: "I think you should stick to what were doing originally, Cornelia...!")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home