The BubblefrogBlog

Halb Englisch, half German - We're working on it. *g*

Friday, April 07, 2006

Stage Fright

My oral examination is on Apr. 21st - no, I'm not going to the dentist, but it's equally bad. The official name is Transfer Assessment Panel, and it's a 60-90 minute session that should determine whether I'm allowed to proceed to the PhD stage of my degree. And actually, it's not as bad as the dentist. Presentations and the following question-and-answer sessions play to my strengths, I'm fairly good at that. And what's more - I've got good work to present. I believe in my work, and I think I'm on the safe side. I'll show 'em.

But why on earth am I so scared of it? Whoever is with me that Friday will have to carry me to the meeting room, because I will faint. => Blubberfrosch, you know your job now.
I've always had stage fright when it comes to presentations and the like - many people can tell the stories of me collapsing, throwing tantrums, having hysterical fits, or just sitting on the floor with tears rolling down my cheeks. It's over the moment I am 'on stage', but the minutes before... mann inne Tuenn (sorry to the Englisch readers, can't translate that one...)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home